We just returned from a ten-day trip to Kansas City. And it was a whirlwind!
We spent four days driving and jump-started our trip by leaving in the evening the day before we had planned to leave.
In our six days in Kansas City, we fit in:
- Got to KC just in time to catch the second half of a most fantastic and nail-biting Chiefs game, but aren’t they all?
- Lots of evening time to catch up with my brother Tom and his wife Tammy, and got them hooked on Yellowstone!
- Three book signings
- Dinner with a former dog handler (Proud of you Steve)
- Lunch and a working meeting with a client (Excited to see where we go, Mo!)
- Several chiropractor visits – thanks Andy Harding for putting me back together again.
- Dinner with family (love you, Karen and Dean)
- Radio time with my favs – Dana and Parks!
- A Menard’s fix – when will they make it to Virginia?
- My niece’s wedding (Amber, you were beautiful)
- A most awesome two-day seminar, Slaying Your Shame Dragon (which filled my heart and gave me a new tribe! Thanks Barabara!!)
- Book signing and services at our former church in Sedalia (Thanks so much Chad!)
- Interview with Faith Bemiss for a front-page story in the Sedalia newspaper. (Blessings to you Faith!)
- Lunch and overnight stay with Sedalia friends (Love your new house, Jake and Larry!)
- Visit with our oldest Sedalia friends (Thanks Andy!)
- Breakfast with our most profound Sedalia mentors and friends (Love you, Ben and Vicki!)
- Our planned route home for a beautiful trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains turned tricky with heavy rain and low fog.
- But it all came together when we pulled into the driveway with happy grandkids dancing around us!